Hi, I'm Lora Marie!
I'm a graphic designer, photographer and illustrator based in Minneapolis, Minnesota and specializing in makin' stuff for businesses in the food, beverage, and hospitality industries.
In 2013, I took a bartending gig at a small craft beer joint and married it to a lifelong passion of mine: art and design. While working behind the bar, I noticed that customers were having trouble navigating the expansive list of menu items and craft taps. So, I went home, sat down at my computer, and started pushing pixels until I landed on a design that was modern, functional, and would serve as an easy-access road map for our customers. That project led me to a position at a small graphic design firm in San Francisco specializing in branding and design for restaurants and hotels, and the rest is history.
Whether it is a gig poster for a local band or a collection of menus for a fine-dining restaurant, I approach each project with creative spirit and qualitative reasoning. I firmly believe that simply being creative just isn't enough – design also requires an understanding of the user, and I approach each project with that idea in mind. So whether it be a gig poster for a local band or a suite of menus for a fine-dining establishment, I'm always considering what makes the consumer tick and how design can best achieve my client's goals.
Enough shop talk. Here's what makes me tick:
- I am Minnesota-born, California-raised, but call Minneapolis home.
- I graduated with a degree in Geography, so I get weirdly excited about maps.
- I can't turn down a good barleywine – extra points if it's bourbon barrel-aged.
- Cheese is definitely my favorite food group, followed very closely by popcorn.
- Bikes are my preferred form of transportation.
- I have a pretty extensive collection of pens.
who i've worked with
Madison Restaurant Group
Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants
The Absinthe Group
DOSA by dosa
Brand Development/Visual Identity
Copywriting + Editing
Social Media Strategy